Find out how we can help your business:
Health & Safety Support Packages
Choose one of our Support Packages and we at Health and Safety Scotland will act as your Competent Person ensuring you fulfil your legal requirement.
If you do not need on-going support because you manage this in-house but do require the occasional support then we offer the following services.
Workplace Training Courses
Accredited Training Courses at your place of work including: Health & Safety, Risk Assessment, Manual Handling, COSHH, Fire Safety and First Aid
Select an option below to find out how we can help your business:
Health & Safety Management Systems
- The Foundations in Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Policy
- Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Organising
- Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Planning
- Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Measuring, audit and review
Accident & Incident Reduction Management (RIDDOR)
It is a requirement under The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 that all accidents to employees or visitors are recorded and that accident records are retained for at least 3 Years.
- We provide consultation service to provide your organisation with an Accident & Incident Reduction Plan.
It is also worth thinking about the impact that a work-related injury could have on your department or team. For example, losing one employee for an extended period can have a dramatic impact on the workload and morale of the rest of the team.
By taking action to tackle the causes of accidents, near-misses, injury and poor health and safety in your workplace, you can prevent or reduce the impact of these problems on your organisation. The business case for health and safety (some of the more relevant case studies).
The moral/ethical case: For example tackling stress prevents ill health.
There is now convincing evidence that prolonged periods of stress, including work-related stress, have an adverse effect on health. Research provides strong links between stress and physical effects such as heart disease, back pain, headaches, gastrointestinal disturbances or various minor illnesses; and psychological effects such as anxiety and depression. Stress can also lead to other behaviours that are harmful to health, such as skipping meals, drinking too much caffeine or alcohol, or smoking.
Tackling the causes of stress before they lead to ill health can prevent this from happening.
Health & Safety Competent Persons
The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999’ require employers to appoint an adequate number of competent persons to assist them in complying with their obligations under the health & safety law, unless the employer has sufficient knowledge to comply without assistance.
Workplace Risk Assessments
We provide full and comprehensive risk assessments bespoke to all activities, people and departments. Examples being:
- Working with Computers (DSE)
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Manual Handling
- Expectant Mothers
- Chemicals (COSHH)
- Electrical Safety
- Lone Working
- Young Persons
- Working At Heights
- And so much more
Risk Assessments – Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Workplace hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculo-skeletal hazards and risk control
- Work Equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
Fire Risk Assessments
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff.
- In Scotland, requirements on general fire safety are covered in Part 3 of the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005, supported by the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
- Fire Bill (Scotland) Act 2005 requires separate assessment of this risk
Directors and Managers:
- Are you not sure what your obligations are and not sure how to implement Health & Safety in your workplace.
- Do you have Health & Safety in-place but wonder why it’s failing and is it giving you a headache?
Well let us consult for you and engage with you and your employees to establish where you need help through an effective Health & Safety Management Plan.
Win contracts through effective tendering
- Ever wonder why you are not winning contracts?
- Have you thought about your organisation applying for contracts?
- We help you Win Contracts through our Systems that we can put in place for you
- We help you prepare for Tenders through effective PQQ’s. (Pre-Qualification Questions). Improve your Scores in PQQ’s.
- We get your organisation ready for CHAS Accreditation (Contractors Health & Safety Scheme)
- We get your organisation ready for Safe Contractor Scheme
- We get your organisation ready for ISO
Health & Safety - Provision of Information
Employers are required to provide employees with comprehensible and relevant information on the risks to health and safety identified by the risk assessments and on the preventative and protective measures employed. An effective way to do this is through Health & Safety Committee meetings.